Craniofacial hyperhidrosis refers to the excessive sweating of the face, scalp, and head, which often occurs independent of physical activity or ambient temperature. One effective treatment approach for this condition involves the use of muscle-relaxing injections. These injections work by blocking the nerve signals that stimulate sweat glands, thereby reducing the production of sweat. On this page, our focus is on treatments specifically designed for excessive sweating of the face and scalp. For those seeking information on treatments for hyperhidrosis affecting other areas of the body such as the feet, underarms, and hands, we invite you to visit the Hyperhidrosis page located in the Body section of our menu at Dr Leah Clinic.
Excessive sweating treatment
WHY CHOOSE DR LEAH CLINICS?
- Treatments by Doctors - Our injectables treatments are performed ONLY by our clinic doctors who are GMC or GDC registered
- Best doctor for injectables treatment - You will be treated by one of the UK’s leading cosmetic doctors.
- Premium injectable products – We always use the best premium products available as we firmly believe you get what you pay for.
- Injection procedure – We use a minimal-bruising-injection technique to minimise your downtime post-treatment.
- Award-winning and trusted cosmetic clinic – Dr Leah Clinics have been established for 10 years. We have won numerous awards including ‘Best Clinic in London’ for two consecutive years and ‘UK’s Most Trusted clinic of 2023’.
- Aftercare - we offer excellent client care and follow-up. If you were to experience any complications related to your treatment, you would be in the safest hands we offer free follow-up and have a medical faculty to manage any adverse events.
- Our results - the results our talented doctors can achieve are industry-leading which is why we have one of the highest client re-book rates in the entire industry, our results have been nominated for ‘Best non-surgical result’ at The Safety In Beauty Awards 2023.
- Accessible locations – Our clinics are next to tube stations in Moorgate and Baker street while our Loughton clinic has parking immediately outside.
THE EXCESSIVE SWEATING TREATMENT PROCESS
- Consultation and Assessment - You will meet with one of our clinic doctors who will discuss your concerns at either our Loughton, Baker Street or Moorgate Clinic. During this initial consultation, you will meet with an experienced Dr Leah injectables doctor who will take the time to understand your specific concerns, expectations, and desired outcomes related to hyperhidrosis. Our doctors will assess your medical conditions, medications or any allergies.
- Treatment Plan - Following your consultation, our cosmetic doctors will be able to advise if you are suitable for excess sweating treatment.
- Treatment on the day - On the day of your injectables consultation, it may be possible for hyperhidrosis treatment to be performed if you wish – or you can choose to rebook treatment for a time that is convenient for you or decide not to proceed with injectables treatment.
- Treatment - Before the injection process, a numbing cream may be applied to the area being treated to reduce discomfort. The use of numbing cream can help make the injection process more comfortable for the patient, especially for those who are anxious about injections or have sensitive skin. A series of injections will take place in the effected areas. It takes three to four days for the results of injections for hyperhidrosis to become evident. Depending on each person, as well as the area being treated, the results last for up to six months
- Aftercare- After receiving a hyperhidrosis treatment it is recommended that clients refrain from exercising and taking hot baths or showers for the remainder of the day. Applying ice to the treated area and taking a mild pain reliever can help alleviate tenderness. Normal activities can be resumed the following day