A keloid scar is a raised, thickened area of skin that forms at the site of a wound or injury. It occurs when the body overproduces collagen during the healing process. Removing keloid scars can be challenging, however at Dr Leah Clinic you can feel safe in the hands of experts. At the clinic, there are several methods available, including surgical excision and corticosteroid injections. The choice of removal method depends on the size and location of the keloid, as well as the individual's skin type and medical history. It's crucial to consult with a qualified medical professional, like those at Dr. Leah Clinic, to determine the most suitable approach for keloid scar removal.
Keloid scar removal
WHY CHOOSE DR LEAH CLINICS?
- Dermatology Treatments performed by industry-leading dermatologist and plastic surgeon - Our dermatology treatments are performed ONLY by our expert dermatologist Dr Nazish or Plastic Surgeon Dr Andreas who work and specialise in skin lesion treatment.
- Highly qualified dermatologist - Our Dermatologist Dr Nazish is highly regarded in the dermatology community. She is a member of the Royal Society of Medicine (RSM), British Association of Dermatology (BAD) and the European Academy of dermatology and Venerology (EADV), giving her access to the latest developments in Dermatology. She has also published in esteemed journals including the International Journal of Dermatology and the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology.
- Highly qualified Plastic Surgeon, specialising in skin lesion treatment - Our Plastic Surgeon is a globally respected surgeon who is skilled in skin lesion treatment. Dr Andreas is a double-board certified plastic surgeon with the Royal College of Surgeons in the United Kingdom, and the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. He is on the UK General Medical Council’s specialist register for plastic and reconstructive surgery. His extensive plastic surgical residency was completed in Oxford and London enhanced by several years of fellowships at the world famous Toronto Sick Kids hospital, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, and the Weymouth Clinic in London. Additionally Dr Andreas has been Anatomy Lead Demonstrator in Plastic Surgery for Oxford University medical school, an educational fellow at Green Templeton and Merton Colleges, Oxford, and honorary lecturer at Imperial College, London.
- Award-winning and trusted cosmetic clinic – Dr Leah Clinics has been established for 10 years. We have won numerous awards including ‘Best Clinic in London’ for two consecutive years and ‘UK’s Most Trusted clinic of 2023’.
- Aftercare - we offer excellent client care and follow-up. If you were to experience any complications related to your treatment, you would be in the safest hands we offer free follow-up and have a medical faculty to manage any adverse events.
- Our results - the results our talented doctors can achieve are industry-leading which is why we have one of the highest client re-book rates in the entire industry, our results have been nominated for ‘Best non-surgical result’ at The Safety In Beauty Awards 2023.
- Accessible locations – Our clinics are next to tube stations in Moorgate and Baker street while our Loughton clinic has parking immediately outside.
THE CONSULTATION PROCESS
- Consultation and Assessment - You will meet with either Dr Nazish or Plastic Surgeon Dr Andreas who will discuss your skin concern. During this appointment, your doctor will take the time to understand your dermatology issue Our doctor will assess your scarring and note any medical conditions, medications, and allergies to recommend a treatment plan.
- Treatment Plan - Following your consultation, our doctor will be able to advise you the best treatment path which will either be steroid injection which will help flatten the scar, or surgical removal of the scar or a combination of both.
- Treatment on the day - On the day of your consultation, it may be possible for treatment to be performed if you wish – or you can choose to rebook treatment for a time that is convenient for you or decide not to proceed with injectables treatment.
- Steroid injection process - If a steroid injection is the best course of treatment for your keloid the process is quick and painless. These injections work by reducing inflammation and inhibiting collagen production at the scar site. This leads to a flatter, less raised scar and a noticeable improvement in the scar's overall appearance. More than one steroid injection may be recommended or combined with surgical excision on the scar.
- Surgical removal of the scar- Surgical removal of a keloid scar involves a precise procedure performed by our Plastic Surgeon Dr Andreas. During the surgery, the keloid is carefully excised, and the surrounding healthy tissue is preserved. This approach aims to create a smoother, less prominent scar and may be combined with steroid injections to optimise results.
Keloid Scar Removal ReviewsHere’s what our clients have to say…
To view our full price list, please click here