What is the process if I want tear trough filler?
You will book an appointment with one of our cosmetic doctors- our doctors who perform the tear trough treatment are Dr Sheila, Dr Manav and Dr Ana and Dr Leah.
• On the day of your consultation your doctor will explain the tear trough treatment and advise if you are suitable.
• If you wish to go ahead on the same day for under eye filler it is possible. Your doctor will obtain your consent and take a pre-treatment photograph of you (which is strictly private and for medico-legal purposes only)
• The dermal filler will be administered using a cannula which is a quick and relatively painless experience – using a cannula minimises your risks as it reduces the possibility of filler being injected into a blood vessel and will also reduce your risk of bruising. The doctor will then massage the area for a smooth result.
• You are fully awake during the procedure and will be able to hold a mirror to control of the procedure’s results by advising the doctor when you feel you are happy with the outcome. This is possible as the results of the tear trough filler are immediate so you will be able to see a difference in your under eyes immediately.
• You may have some swelling and your final result will be visible in 2 weeks time when any swelling has gone
• Your doctor will explain aftercare and you will be able to continue with the rest of your day
Will I have swelling after tear trough filler treatment?
You may have some mild swelling however it will not be as much as what you would get with filler in other areas of the face such as lips and most clients return to their normal, daily activities right after their visit. There is always the risk of some slight swelling or bruising with dermal fillers, but these post treatment effects if experienced, will only last for a few days and a maximum of 2 weeks.
What is the best filler for tear trough treatment?
The majority of dermal filler use at Dr Leah Clinics is Juvaderm by allergan however for under eye area we use Teosyal Redensity II as in our extensive experience it is the best dermal filler for under eye. This the hyaluronic acid filler made specifically to treat around the eye area including tear troughs. It is a very light dermal filler which has been adapted for the delicate eye circle area to minimise the risk of bruising. Also, it attracts very little water unlike other dermal fillers, which means it causes less swelling than other fillers.
How long will under eye filler last?
Typically 9-12 months. Most clients have their tear trough treatment once per year.
Are tear trough fillers safe?
Tear trough filler is an advanced procedure and should only be undertaken if being treated by a doctor experienced in this treatment and if it is undertaken in a medical environment and with the correct filler and delivery device. Dr Leah Clinic ensure your safety in the following ways:
1. Best doctor for tear trough treatment: You will be treated by one of the UK’s leading cosmetic doctors who are highly experienced in performing tear trough filler. With these experts, you will get the best possible results from our under-eye filler treatment.
2. Best dermal filler for tear trough treatment – We use the premium products available as we believe you get what you pay for when it comes to dermal filler. For tear tough treatment we use the only filler which is licensed for this area with the most established safety profile this is Teosyl Redensity 2
3. We use a cannula for the tear trough procedure – as opposed to a needle to minimise risks associated with the procedure.
4. Award winning and trusted cosmetic clinic – Dr Leah Clinics are an established well-known cosmetic chain, we have won ‘Best Clinic London’ for the past two consecutive years and offer excellent client care and follow up. If you were to encounter any complications related to your treatment, you would be in safe hands.
5. Clinical environment– all of our clinics are safe, medical settings.
If I don’t like it - Can I remove tear trough filler?
Yes, at Dr Leah Clinic we use only dissolvable fillers which means in the unlikely event that you do not like the result or something was to go wrong, we would be able to inject a solution (providing you were not allergic to that solution) to completely remove the tear tough filler and return you to your baseline.
Can I have other fillers with tear tough filler?
Yes it is very common to have cheek filler with tear tough treatment as they tend to compliment each other well. Your doctor will be able to perform both on the same day or on another date depending on your preference. It is also possible to have Botox or filler elsewhere on face at same appointment.
What is the best eye bags treatment?
Tear trough filler can be used to disguise subtle eye bags if there is a hollow trough associated with them which is making their appearance worse, however if you have a ‘puffy’ undereye area or puffy eye bags the best treatment is clearlift laser for eye area. It may be that you require clearlift laser and then tear trough dermal filler for best result if you wish to treat eye bags.
What is the best hollow under eyes treatment?
Tear trough dermal filler is the most effective treatment available for hollow under eyes, which can make the eye area look tired.
COVID VACCINATIONS NOTICE –Disclaimer
SARS –COV-2 (Covid –19 infection), as well as the Covid –19 vaccinations, are both highly challenging to our immune system by over-stimulating its response. Therefore both (Covid-19 infection, as well as the vaccine) can lead to complications after injection. Nodules and local reactions can occur within weeks, months, or even years after the treatment when our immune system is challenged.
So far generally there is a low incidence of such cases reported. Your safety is paramount to us and therefore we are advising you the following:
Do not have Dermal Filler, Profhilo, or Botox injections 2 weeks before your planned vaccination or 3 weeks after.
If you have been infected with Covid-19, do not have Dermal filler, Profhilo, or Botox injections for the first 3 weeks of being symptom-free.
If you develop any symptoms after the treatments, please contact our Clinics immediately. Our doctors will advise you further. As medical practitioners, our doctors can prescribe the necessary medication if required.