GETTING A MOLE CHECKED at Dr Leah Clinic
- You will book either an ‘individual mole check’ or a ‘Full body mole check appointment’. A full body mole check is a 45-minute appointment during which your full body is examined and specific moles individually checked using a derma scope by our specialist mole doctor.
- Histology or mole removal can be performed for any suspicious lesions (additional fees apply).
- Full body mole check should be performed on a yearly basis so that any increase in size or appearance can be tracked and appropriate early action taken.
- Dr Leah clinic offer Mole removal treatment for any moles you wish to remove (fees apply)
Why Dr Leah Clinics for your Mole Check London?
- We are a doctor-led clinic and our dermatology services are called out by doctors who specialise in mole checks and mole removal.
- We are CQC registered to deliver mole removal services and adhere to the highest standards of clinical practice.
- State-of-the-art Clinic in a convenient location - We offer our Mole Check London procedure at our conveniently located state-of-the-art Baker Street Clinic, which is a 1-minute walk from Baker Street tube station. If you prefer to drive, we are directly opposite the exit of 170 Marylebone Road Car Park where you can pre-book to park.
To view our full price list, please click here
Consultation and Singular Mole Check With Dermascope (Does Not Include Histology): Cost £100. This is a 15-minute appointment where a particular mole can be checked. During this consultation, our specialist doctor will check your mole using a device called a Derma scope. This will allow the doctor to identify if there is anything you should be aware of regarding the mole.
Full Body Mole Check With Dermascope (Does Not Include Histology): Cost £250. This is a 45-minute Full body is checked for any suspicious moles or lesions and mole locations, descriptions, and sizes are charted in your notes. This should be performed yearly to ensure no significant changes to specific moles. Any moles which cause concern can be biopsied for histology (biopsy fees apply) or can be removed (removal fees apply)
If you are wanting to have the mole removed, this will be a separate ADDITIONAL cost on top of the 'Mole Check' cost.
Singular Mole Removal (Shave Excision / Curette & Cautery) - £395
Singular Mole Removal (Elliptical Surgical Excision) - £495
Additional Mole Removal (On the Same Day) - £250
If you suspect that your mole is cancerous then the best thing to do is to visit your GP urgently.
In general, if you are at all concerned about a mole on your body or face you should book an appointment as soon as possible with your GP.
There are, however, some signs to watch out for with a mole you have concerns about that you should report to your doctor. These are:
• Irregular shaped mole – if a mole develops an irregular shape
• Bleeding mole on face or body – If you have not caught or cut a mole and it begins to bleed on a regular basis you should have this checked
• Itchy mole on face or body – If a mole starts itching and continues to do so book a check
• New mole on face or body – which is increasing in size should be checked immediately
• Mole growing – If a mole starts growing in size this should be checked
• Changing colour – If a mole starts changing colour this should be checked.