At Dr Leah Clinic, as we are a doctor led clinic, it is possible to apply an uber PRO chemical peel to your skin immediately after your microneedling facial to give more dramatic results.
On the day of your Dermapen treatment, your aesthetic skin therapist will assess your skin and advise how many Dermapen treatment sessions will be necessary to achieve your skin goals (either 3 or 6 sessions).
- Your treatment journey will begin by booking your Dermapen treatment at your nearest Dr Leah clinic. If you mention Dermapen London or Dermapen Essex on the booking form, we can schedule you in at our relevant clinic
- On the day of your appointment if you are a new client you should arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time to complete a medical questionnaire
- Your Dr Leah practitioner will then take you into the treatment room and perform a cleanse of your face, they will be able to assess your skin type and treatment goals and determine which depth of Dermapen treatment you need on each area of your face. The depth of the needle punctures can be manually changed by the practitioner so different depths of treatment can be applied to different areas of the face and depending on your concern. For example, if you are looking for an acne scar treatment on your cheeks your practitioner will suggest doing a deeper treatment over that area of your face. Your practitioner will also be able to tell you how many Dermapen sessions you are going to require to achieve your goals (3,6,9 treatments) and if or not you will need an ÜBER Pro chemical peel with your microneedling facial.
- If you are happy to go ahead with treatment, consent and photography will be taken (This photography is confidential and is for our records and medico-legal requirements only).
- When you’re ready to begin treatment, the Dermapen will be applied over your skin, puncturing it with 1300 channels into the skin every second. It will feel uncomfortable (like a scratching feeling) but not painful. If you are concerned about pain then please take simple painkillers 30 minutes before your appointment. The actual needling itself takes between 10-15 minutes. The needling may take longer if being used for larger areas such as to treat loose stomach skin.
- A cocktail of serums is then chosen to further enhance the results of your treatment (depending on your skincare needs).
- If you wish to give a more dramatic result our chemical peel (ÜBER Pro peel) can be applied to your skin immediately after the microneedling facial, when your skin channels are open, to give an enhanced skin result.
- SPF will then be applied to protect your skin and aftercare advice will be discussed. Your aesthetic therapist will advise you how soon you should have your next Dermapen (between 3-6 weeks) and will schedule this for you.